Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Powdered Tomatoes and Tuna

Since I mentioned making the tomato sauce mix here, I thought I should give the mix a try.  I rehydrated some carrots, celery and onions in water and then used the plain tomato sauce.  To season it I added Italian seasoning, garlic seasoning, and a teaspoon of sugar.  Then I threw in can can of tuna and frozen peas.

I can't say it was the best pasta sauce I've ever eaten, but given that it was made from food storage items, it was pretty good.  Stanford liked it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm just so proud of you. This is so cool, Kate. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Fi. And just so you know, I am proud of you too! Way to go for e-publishing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...