Thursday, April 14, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Beans

Thanks to my friend Chef Tess, I was able to make a meatless meal that was delicious: Polynesian Style Sweet and Sour White Beans.  The only changes I made: I used 3 cans of great northern beans, I used frozen green bell pepper and some red bell pepper left over from a salad, I used 1/4 cup jalapeño jelly (thanks, Jill) and 1/4 c. peach jam and I used 1/2 can pineapple chunks (Kimball had the other half for a snack).  Oh, and I didn't have any fresh cilantro or cabbage for the top.  Shocker.  Instead I found a can of chow mein noodles in my mom's basement.  I helped myself.  Bryce liked the added crunch.

I include one of Chef Tess's pictures because her's are prettier than mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...