Tuesday, April 26, 2011

I would rather starve than eat this . . .


One of the fun things about this experiment is that we have received so many different food storage products from Bryce's parents and grandparents.  In the interest of education I have busted them open and tried to use them.

However, I have come across the first thing I have no use for: Ham Flavored Textured Vegetable Protein.  It smells like dog food.  I reconstituted some according to the package directions thinking that it might be ok in some scrambled eggs.  No.  Soggy bacon bits would not be ok in anything.  Sorry, I tried.

2 comments:

  1. This is hilarious.. Did this by chance come out of my Grandma's basement?
    It sure looks like something they might have gotten back in, oh, say, the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, how did you know? I hate to guess at the actual age of this can. I have one more can of the stuff. I'd be happy to send it to you if you would like. Sort of like an extra inheritance.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...