Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wanna trade?


When I first tell people about this self-imposed grocery deprivation, their response is nearly predictable: "What are you going to do for fresh fruits and vegetables?"  I don't quite know how to respond.  For thousands of years humans have gone long periods of time without fresh fruits and vegetables; it's called winter.  It's really only been in the last hundred years or so that we have had the luxury of fresh produce year round.

While the fresh stuff is nice, I don't quite feel deprived.  We have lots of canned and frozen stuff on hand.  I have also planned on bartering for what we need.  This weekend I traded with my sister, Charlotte, for the lovely grapes you see above.  In exchange for the grapes, I gave Char some powdered cheese sauce mix.

Anyone else want to try the cheese sauce mix in exchange for something?  Fruits and veggies are good, but I would also love some chicken.  Just let me know and I will work out how to get it to you.

2 comments:

  1. I made it into the blog--woot, woot! Plan on using the cheese sauce tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure that making it into my blog is the best thing that has happened to you all week. Thanks again for the grapes. Kimball is a happy camper.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...