Wednesday, April 27, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Elk Meatballs and Homemade Spaghetti Sauce


1 lb ground elk (or beef)
1 c. bread crumbs (I made my own from the ends of bread I throw in the freezer)
4 T. dehydrated onions
2 T. dehydrated parsley
1/2 T. onion salt
2 eggs

Mix well.


Form balls.  Freeze extras on a cookie sheet.  I made 32, but with Bryce gone I only cooked 6.


The sauce was home canned.  The recipe was from this book, but you can find it here.  A friend of mine had some canned crushed tomatoes in #10 cans she didn't know what to do with.  We made it into sauce.  This was actually the first time I tried it.  It was good, but I thought the cinnamon was a little heavy.


Kimball liked it.  I still don't know how he got it on his forehead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...