Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Asian Pork Meatballs


I am a big fan of freezer meals.  There are days that I just want to pull something out of the freezer and shove it in the oven.  Today was one of those days and so I dug out some Asian Pork Meatballs that I made a while ago, baked them up, made a sauce, used leftover rice. Voilà!

Here is the recipe:
1/2 head of cabbage, shredded a finely as possible
2 t. salt
1 lb. ground pork
2 eggs
1 T. toasted sesame oil
1/4 c. soy sauce
2-3 t. grated ginger
4 cloves garlic

Mix all the ingredients together, then form small meatballs.  Lay the balls out on a cookie sheet.  Place the cookie sheet in the freezer.  Once the balls are frozen you can place them in a gallon freezer bag until you are ready to use them.  Defrost and bake at 375 until 160 internal temperature.  About 30 minutes.  I think this should make about 40 meat balls, but don't quote me on that.



For the sauce:
2 T. soy sauce
2 T. rice vinegar
1/2 c. chicken broth
1 1/2 t. sesame oil
1 T. honey
1 T. cornstarch mixed in 2 T. water
Heat until thickens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...