Sunday, May 1, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Green Garden Burgers, Onion Rings and Homemade Winger's Sauce


I used up another of my freezer meals for dinner.  My sister-in-law Kirstin made these green veggie burgers for a freezer meal exchange we did some months ago.  They are really delicious and are the next best thing to fresh greens.  Well, almost.  I looked at the recipe and am wondering if it could be modified for food storage items.  I think it could probably work with frozen spinach.  I only have one more package of frozen spinach and I haven't decided what to do with it.

I found the batter for the onion rings in my pantry.  It's amazing what you can find when you start to clean things out.

We also used some homemade Winger's sauce I had in the fridge (Just so you know I skip the corn syrup).  With a little mayo this was an awesome dip for the onion rings.  I also liked it on my veggie burger.

2 comments:

  1. Looks very good. Can't believe you made onion rings. Yum, Yum! You're so good at making good meals from very little, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyndy, I can make onion rings for you anytime!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...