Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Food Storage Six Bean Salad


It probably won't surprise you to know that I have been craving salad.  Without the purchase of fresh fruits and vegetables, anything green sounds delicious.  I found this Bean Salad recipe over at--you guessed it--Allrecipes.com.  Here is what I threw in a reusable storage container:

1 can green beans, drained
1 can great northern beans, drained
1 can garbanzo beans, drained
1 can black beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
Approx. 1/4 c. frozen green bell pepper (it was all I had)
1/4 c. dehydrated onion
1/4 c. dehydrated celery
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. salad oil
1/2 c. white vinegar
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. pepper

I made this yesterday.  It says to refrigerate for 8 hours, so I waited until today to try it.  I have say, it really hit the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...