Friday, May 20, 2011

Week 6 Roundup: What we ran out of


Today marks the halfway mark for my grocery abstinence.  I'm still feeling pretty good about things.
  • Apple Juice, again.  After drinking all our commercial apple juice, we started in on the home canned apple juice in my parents' basement.  Some of this was "spiced" with cinnamon.  Kimball seemed to like this just as much as the plain.  We have also downed all the plumb juice, which is surprisingly delicious.  Perhaps I will juice more of them in September--or whenever plumbs are ripe.  When are plumbs ripe?
  • Dry mustard.  I used the last of this on the venison stir-fry.
  • Lime juice.  I used up the last of this in the salad dressing we are using tonight.  I will post it tomorrow.
  • Chocolate syrup.  Well, we would have run out of this if I hadn't purchased a new bottle last Friday.
  • Chocolate chips.  I might have eaten them as a snack.
  • Canned crab.

2 comments:

  1. I know this is several years too late, but I've only just discovered your blog. In case of emergency, you can make your own chocolate syrup (that tastes better than the store-bought stuff) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Syrup/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this is several years too late, but I've only just discovered your blog. In case of emergency, you can make your own chocolate syrup (that tastes better than the store-bought stuff) http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Syrup/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...