Tuesday, May 17, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: A Big Hunk of Change, I mean Cheese



You may have noticed that I didn't blog yesterday.  We had a very busy day looking for a place to rent in the Salt Lake Valley.  I think we found something that will work for us.  And the landlord will let me bring my chickens!  What could be better?  I'm going to be an urban farmer!

It will be interesting to see how my little experiment of no grocery shopping goes while trying to move.  Let's just imagine that the emergency or disaster that I am pretending to simulate is causing my family to move.  I don't want to have to eat out so I am going to try and move some of my easy meals into the new place with some kitchen stuff ASAP.  The nice part is that the kitchen stuff is in storage and I will still have my mom's stuff in Mt. Pleasant to use down there.  It just may work.

P.S. On Sunday, we had grilled cheese and tomato soup, of course.  We used the rest of the homemade cheese for the sandwiches.  They were pretty delicious.  We ate them before I could even take a picture.

P.P.S.  Last night we ate with my in-laws.  I offered to cook and made us a stir-fry with chicken, frozen veggies and rice.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate! I'm fascinated by your blog. Where are you moving?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kimberly, it's so good to hear from you! We are moving to Cottonwood Heights since Bryce's office is in Holladay. We hope to move Memorial Weekend. Where are you these days?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in Holladay. It would be fun to see you when you are back. I'm working on a deal right now with some of your former colleagues and CB just asked me about you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see you when we are all settled in. I'll give you a call. Please give CB my best and anyone else at H&H.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...