Thursday, May 26, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Chili


Can you believe it?  I forgot to photograph dinner again.  Jeeze, where are my priorities?  It's not like I'm moving or anything.  Oh wait, I am.

Here is what I threw in the crock pot yesterday at about 1pm:

1 pound ground elk, browned
4 T. dehydrated onion
1 t. garlic
1 can diced tomatoes
2 cans tomato sauce
1 can black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1/4 c. jalapeno jelly (whatever was left in the jar)
1/4 c. diced jalapeno elk salami
1 c. frozen corn (whatever was left in the freezer)
2 T. chili powder (whatever was left in the jar)
1 t. cumin

I cooked on high until it was bubbly, then I turned it to low.  We ate it with cornbread.  I thought it was okay. I've made better chili before.  But I loved using up a bunch of things so I don't have to take them to S.L.

2 comments:

  1. You are in the middle of a move and actually blogging and making real dinner. With 2 kids?

    Should I get on my knees and bow down now or later?

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, the move from Mt. Pleasant was a bit of a cake walk since we didn't have that much of our stuff. It's been a lot harder now that we are trying to pull all of our crap our of storage.

    However, if you must bow, I won't stop you. I just wish you were here to carry a box or two. Or watch a kid or two. Or, well, just wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...