Thursday, May 19, 2011

Strawberry Rhubarb Jam


It appears that I have been taking pictures for who knows how long without an SD card in the camera.  So the only picture I have of the jam is what it looks like completed in my freezer.

This was a super easy way to make jam.  It only has 4 ingredients.  I made this with my friend, Jessica.  We quadrupled the recipe and split the proceeds.

5 cups rhubarb, sliced into small pieces
3 1/2 cups sugar
1/4 c. juice (I used a tart grape juice made from the vines out back.  It was all I had.)
1 small pkg. strawberry Jello

Combine first three ingredients and let sit for about an hour.  Bring to a boil and stir while boiling for 12 minutes.  Add Jello and then place in freezer containers.  Yield: about 5 cups.

We ate this for lunch today.  It's super sweet.  But who doesn't love Jello?  And, my friends, here is another reason to keep Jello in food storage--with a little fruit and a lot of sugar, you get jam.  I have a feeling you might be seeing more rhubarb recipes because that is what is growing out back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...