Monday, May 9, 2011

Loot from my trip up North


It's good to be home after such a nice weekend.  We really enjoyed our time with Bryce's parents.  But I always love to come back to my own kitchen--and my own projects.  I have lots of blogging to catch up on.  And I need to make some bread since we are out.

We were lucky enough to bring a few things back with us without even going to the store.

  • 3 oranges, 2 apples, broccoli, and some lemon pepper bread crumbs.  My best friend Fiona was kind enough to trade these for some of my cheese sauce mix.  She also threw in a bag of Mother's Iced Animal Crackers, but those did not last long enough to make it back.
  • 1 bag of very veggie salad mix, 2 tomatoes and 4 sticks of string cheese came to us by way of exchange.  Fiona's cute sister Laryssa gave them to us for another jar of cheese sauce mix.  However, none of these items made it home with us.  Kimball gobbled up the cheese sticks and the salad and tomatoes became our contribution to a Mother's Day meal.  
  • 1 ham bone, a pound or so of spiral sliced ham, 5 pounds of small red potatoes, more venison and elk and a #10 can of potato pearls.  All this came from my in-laws.  They are always so generous.  The ham was from our Mother's Day meal.  I have to say that it was one of the best hams that I have ever eaten.  It was so moist, not dry at all.  I have big plans for the bone and left over ham.  
With family, kind friends and a few trades, we might just make it through 8 more weeks of no grocery shopping.  But we still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...