Sunday, May 15, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Venison and Quinoa


I tried a new recipe last night.  It was from a book my friend gave me called Recipes to Lower Your Fat Thermostat.  Now, I am not one for diet cookbooks, but this one has a lot of recipes for beans and the bread recipes call for whole wheat flour so I have really enjoyed reading this book.  (I read recipe books in bed at night.)

I had to tweak the recipe a bit, but I liked how it turned out.  Here is what I did:

1 lb. venison steak sliced
2 T. soy sauce
2 t. vinegar
2 cloves garlic
1 t. dry mustard
1/2 c. water

Marinate these ingredients in the fridge for 1 hour.  Then saute them in a hot skillet, including marinade, until steak is near done.  Then add:

1 can tomato soup
1 c. green onions sliced
2 c. broccoli
1 can water chestnuts, sliced
1/4 c. water mixed with 1 T. corn starch

Cook until the broccoli is tender.

I served this over quinoa cooked with some chicken bullion.  It tasted delicious, but the venison was though.  I don't expect venison to be anything else, so it was fine.  I bet it would be better with elk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...