Thursday, May 19, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Strawberries with a side of Planning


I now have two days of dinners to post again.  I feel like I am falling behind in everything.  Perhaps this is what change and moving does to a person.  It slows down everything non-essential and speeds up everything else and soon our heads are spinning.  In any event, all I can think about is moving, and packing, and where I am going to put everything in our new place.

I am also contemplating making more freezer and quick meals so that we will have some things ready to take with us.

Here are the meals I have come up with that I can still make without going to the store:

  • asian meatballs (already prepared and in the freezer)
  • chicken enchiladas (already prepared and in the freezer)
  • shepherds pie (potential freezer meal)
  • stir fry with elk and green beans
  • crab cakes
  • lentil soup
  • eggs and hash browns
  • instant lasagna (this is one of those food storage/camping meals)
  • chili
  • ham and spinach scalloped potatoes (potential freezer meal)
  • turkey breast (perhaps with potatoes and gravy?)
  • chinese chicken salad (I think we will have this tomorrow)
  • pork chop and stuffing
  • homemade hamburger helper
  • spaghetti
  • venison stew
  • black bean burgers
  • chicken fried steak
  • tuna casserole


P.S.  Yesterday, Kimball ate strawberries.  All 4 pounds are now gone.  I also shoved some leftover uglies in his mouth while he was watching garbage trucks on youtube.  That is all he wants to watch lately.

P. P. S.  We spent Tuesday evening at my in-laws again.  I made us a chicken pot pie similar to this one.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool list. You have inspired me. I have seven things listed, that I would like to make for dinner. I don't want to think about anything else.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...