Saturday, May 21, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Chinese Chicken Salad


My friend, Jessica, gave me a head of cabbage a few days ago.  It was a kind gift for those of us who are fresh veggie deprived.  I was so inspired I broke out those last two chicken breasts and made a Chinese chicken salad.  I threw in some of the carrots from my grocery binge last week and the green onions came from my mother-in-law who was going out of town.  I topped the whole thing off with rice sticks and a yummy dressing.

Rice sticks are rice noodles that have been fried in hot oil.  It makes them puff up.  They are crispy and crunchy and make a nice addition to a Chinese chicken salad.  Fried won ton wrappers are also nice.  I didn't have any of those.

To make the dressing, throw all the following ingredients into a blender.

1 orange peeled
1 t. lime juice
2/3 c. red wine vinegar
2/3 c. sugar
3 T. soy sauce
3/4 c. canola oil
2 cloves garlic
1 t. salt
1/3 c. honey
2-3 T. sesame oil
2 T. sesame seeds (mine were black, which is why it looks like there are ants in my salad)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...