Sunday, May 22, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Elk Lo Mein


I am calling this dish Elk Lo Mein.  I wanted to use up the rest of the cabbage from the salad on Friday.  I might have used chicken for this dish had it been available, but what I had was ground elk.  The sauce was from the Mix-A-Meal Cookbook.

This may be my favorite mix from this book.  It's a combination of sugar, cornstarch, onion soup mix (another mix in the book), onion powder, garlic powder, ground ginger and black pepper.  To it you add water, vinegar and soy sauce.  It make a sweet Asian-y sauce that is really good with noodles, any kind of meat and veggies.

I was a little worried that it wouldn't be so good with ground elk, but Bryce loved it and Kimball asked for thirds.  In addition to the cabbage, I used up my last real onion and some more of the carrots from last week.  It made a ton of left overs.  Bryce liked it so much he said he could eat it for two days straight.  He just might have to.

1 comment:

  1. Katie, you are so awesome! I just can't believe you have kept this up so long! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...