Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Baby Food from Food Storage: Strawberry Applesauce


Last night I used up the last jar of fruit baby food.  So today I needed to make something that Stanford could eat.  I figured out a month or so ago that you could make apple sauce from dehydrated apple chips.  Today I added some dehydrated strawberries.

All you need to do is add enough water to cover the fruit, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and cover the pan.  Let it simmer until the fruit looks like mush.


Put the mush in a blender and blend well.


Then put the contents in ice cube trays.  Once frozen you can transfer to a freezer bag.  Alternatively, if you are not making baby food, you can simply refrigerate the apple sauce in a air tight jar.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I'd eat that combination!

    One question.... would the dehydrated strawberries still count as an allergenic food? I know they (strawberries) are on the "list" of foods that can be problematic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I am not sure if strawberries are to be avoided or not. I haven't worried because my baby has already tried them. Gerber makes a strawberry, applesauce, banana combination which he had without reaction. I have also given him small bits of real strawberries before. You could certainly make the applesauce without the strawberries until you know how your baby is going to react. BTW, Stan had some of this last night with cereal and loved it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...