Monday, April 30, 2012

Weekly Meal Think


Here are some things I am thinking of making this week:

I really need to use up the zucchini from the Bountiful Basket.  It's nearly the last vegetable in the fridge.  So I am thinking of making my friends zucchini soup.

I also have a few carrots and celery so I am thinking of making a chicken pot pie.  I'll attempt a whole wheat pie crust and use canned chicken to save on what's in the freezer.

I have been looking for some new recipes with beans and rice, but most of them are mexican related.  I'd really like to expand my repertoire of bean recipes.  Inspired by this sweet and sour bean recipe, I am thinking of trying to use beans as a replacement in chicken recipes.  It sounds weird I know, but I think that the recipe I used for this peach jam chicken recipe would be good.

I am also thinking of making something less food storage related like a creamy pesto pasta.

What are you making for dinner this week?


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...