Monday, April 16, 2012

What We Ate For Dinner: Crock Pot Massaman Curry


I cannot promise you that I will take pretty pictures of my food.  Most of the time I will forget.  (The above is of the curry after I put it in the crock pot but before I cooked it.)  But, this experiment is not about pretty food.  Hopefully, it's about tasty food.  And this is one of my favorite recipes of all time.  I adapted it from one I found on allrecipes.com.

I threw this in the crock pot before church and used my rice cooker with a delay timer.  Everything was ready when we got home.  My in-laws came over and I think we each had seconds.  It was such a nice evening.  And my father-in-law gave my wheat grinder a bit of maintenance work.  I am seriously so thankful for him.  Whole wheat bread here we come!

1 can coconut milk
1/4 c. peanut butter
3 T. curry powder
3 T. brown sugar
3 T. fish sauce
2 c. chicken broth (or bouillon and water)
2-3 chicken breasts in chunks
3-5 potatoes in chunks
2 c. baby carrots or 2-4 carrots in chunks
1 onion diced
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 c. peanuts (optional)

Place first 6 ingredients in crock pot and whisk until peanut butter is combined.  Add everything else except the peanuts.  (You could saute the onion in some oil to soften it a bit, but I usually don't bother.)  Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6.  Add the peanuts a half hour before it's ready.  Serve over brown rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...