Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Homemade No Bake Chewy Granola Bars (almost like Quaker)

I have mentioned to several of you that I have this great recipe for chewy granola bars.  Well, I made some today just so I could share them with you.  The original recipe is found here.  They are so easy, I double the recipe.

1.  In a bowl (that can withstand some heat) mix 4 cups quick oats (not rolled) and 2 cups crispy rice.


2.  In a large sauce pan mix 1 cube butter (not pictured because I used 1/2 c. oil.  Butter tastes better but oil can be used in a pinch), 1/2 cup honey and 2/3 c. brown sugar (or 2/3 c. sugar and 2 t. molasses).


3.  Bring to a rolling boil.  Turn it down to medium heat and boil for two more minutes.


4.  Mix in 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Then pour syrup over dry ingredients and mix well until all the oats have been combined.


5.  Press into a greased cookie sheet.  Sprinkle 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips over the top and gently press in.  They are ready to eat when the chocolate has set back up.  I sometimes use the fridge to help with that because I have no patience.  But careful because the are a bit tricky to cut once they are cooled.


There you go.  A quick snack from (mostly) food storage items.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure the three boys that live at your house loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In a sense, to compare these to a Tootsie Roll is like comparing homemade chicken soup to Campbells - for all appearances they are alike, but one taste and you never go back.chewy tubes india

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...