Friday, April 20, 2012

Taco Pizza or What to do with a Mountain of Refried Beans

After making the refried beans this week I went looking for something to do with them.  I found this recipe and modified it based on what I had on hand.  It was so delicious I think I'll be making tacos this way again!


First I boiled and shredded two chicken breasts.  Then I softened an onion in some olive oil.  I added the chicken to the pan along with some fajita seasoning and a little water.  (I would have used taco seasoning if I had had any).


In the blender I mixed a can of Rotel tomatoes and a cup of homemade green tomato salsa.


We like to cook our pizza crust a little before topping it.  Bryce hates doughy crust.


After the crust was a bit browned I added my refried beans, some of the blender sauce, the chicken and some mozzarella cheese.  Then it was back in the oven to melt the cheese and we ended up with this.


I added some shredded lettuce on top.  We could have added additional tomatoes, olives, sour cream, etc.  But it really didn't need it.

Since there was plenty of chicken, beans and sauce, I used the extra to make pizza pockets for easy lunches.


3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of taco pizza. I want to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neither had I! It was really good and easy. I'd love to hear how yours turns out.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...