Saturday, April 28, 2012

Asian Pork Meatballs with Brussel Sprouts

I have mentioned several times that I was thinking about making pork meatballs with brussel sprouts (here  for example).  Well, I finally got around to it.  I am not really a fan of brussel sprouts, but these meatballs are great.  So if you ever have some brussel sprouts that you need to use up, I am thinking that these are the way to go.

1.  Slice up the brussel spouts.  I think I probably had about 12 ounces there, don't you think?



2.  Add 1 pound ground pork.  I ground my own.  This is my little helper who was very impressed with the meat grinding attachment on my KitchenAid.


3.  Add in 1 T. minced garlic, 1 T. grated ginger, 1 T. sesame oil, 1/4 c. soy sauce, 2 T. dried onions, 2 eggs, 1/2-1 c. bread crumbs (enough so that it sticks together).


4.  Form small meat ball and place on a greased cookie sheet.  Bake at 350 until the middle reaches 160 degrees.  About 30-45 minutes.  I didn't time it.  Don't hate me.

You can enjoy these with a side of rice and any of your favorite Asian sauces.  Sweet and sour would be good, but teriyaki would also be delicious.  And you ate some brussel sprouts.  Pat yourself on the back.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...