Monday, April 16, 2012

Weekly Meal Think


For the first few weeks of SREII meal planning shouldn't be too different than normal because I have a fully stocked kitchen and I picked up a Bountiful Basket on Saturday.  (I should say I had my basket delivered thanks to my awesome Sis.)  So really I can plan meals around the veggies from the basket and the meat I have in my freezer.

Asian Pork Meatballs with brussel sprouts in place of the cabbage.  I'll have to grind my own pork since all I have are a few pork chops in the freezer but it should work.

Stuffed Green Peppers.  I'll have to grind some chicken for this one and use evaporated milk in place of the cream.

Minestrone Soup.  This is a family recipe that I think would be good with the zucchini from the basket.  Any other thoughts on what to do with zucchini?  Maybe I could just throw it in some spaghetti sauce.

Squash and Pumpkin Muffins with the summer squash.

Lettuce wrap tacos.  I don't have a recipe for this one.  It's basically a taco where you  use lettuce in place of tortillas.  It's healthier.  And I think this will be a meatless meal with homemade refried beans.

A night of pizza pockets should round things out.





4 comments:

  1. I'm super excited to make Zucchini cream soup! I've been out of zuccs in my freezer for a while now, I've missed my favorite easy soup. The tomatoes (as usual) have me stumped. I'll do lemon chicken with one of the lemons and maybe some lemon pepper seasoning with the rest. Let me know if you want links to recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. De, wow! I love your ideas for the bountiful basket. I would love your links. I never thought of using the lemons for lemon pepper seasoning. That sounds really cool. As for the tomatoes, I like to put them into a crock pot spaghetti sauce and then freeze it. I just used a recipe from allrecipes.com.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lemon Chicken: http://www.utahdealdiva.com/2011/03/best-lemon-chicken.html

    Zucchini Soup:
    It's a note on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=10150261828752267 Let me know if the link doesn't work.

    Lemon Pepper seasoning link on this page: http://www.5dollardinners.com/2011/04/homemade-ranch-dressing-mix.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the links. I can't wait to try them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...