Monday, December 12, 2011

Cornbread from Popcorn: Yes, It Can Be Done!

I read somewhere on the Internet that you should store popcorn in place of cornmeal because it will keep longer.  The popcorn can then be ground into cornmeal.  I decided to test this advice and make cornbread from ground popcorn.

Here is my awesome Mill & Mix.  It was my grandma's.  It's cool because you can adjust the space between the stones for grinding.


I thought I would try and make the cornmeal more coarse than my wheat flour, so I opened the stones a bit to grind the popcorn.  Next time I might keep it pretty fine because there were some hard chunks in the final product.


I used my same cornbread recipe and it came out great.  I forgot to take a picture of the baked bread because I just jumped right in.  So, there you go.  You can get cornmeal from popcorn.  Fancy that.


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...