Saturday, December 10, 2011

2011 Canning Roundup


I wish I could say that this list was exact, but I didn't do a very good job of keeping track of what I canned.

  • Peaches: 40 quarts (lost 2 to failed seals, plus what I gave to my mother-in law.  They were her peaches)
  • Peach Jam: 10 pints, 2 quarts, 1 12 oz. jar (plus what I gave to my mother-in-law)
  • Pears: 5 quarts
  • Pear Sauce (Like apple sauce but with pears; my kids love the stuff): 2 24 oz. jars and 2 pints (plus what I gave to my sister-in-law for baby food)
  • Pear Chutney: 9 half pints
  • Apple Sauce: 28 quarts (plus all the sauce we canned for my siblings.  Over 65 quarts total!)
  • Apple Chipotle BBQ Sauce: 6 pints, 1 12 oz. jar
  • Apple Pie Filling: 6 quarts
  • Apple Pie Jam: 9 pints
  • Apple Slices: 6 quarts, 1 pint
  • Pickles: 1 pint, 1 half pint
  • Peach Pepper Sauce: 1 pint, 4 half pints
  • Tomatoes: 3 pints (already gone!)
  • Tomato Salsa: 3 pints, 1 12 oz. jar
  • Raspberry Jam: ?  I only have one half pint left.
  • Fig and Strawberry Jam: 2 8 oz. jars
  • Plum Chutney with curry (This stuff makes the most amazing deviled eggs, maybe I'll post the recipe): 8 half pints (or so, I forget)
  • Jalapeno Jelly: 8ish half pints (plus over 40 half pints for my sister-in-law.  They were her peppers and she had back surgery.)
  • Green Tomato Enchilada Sauce: 7 1/2 pints (plus more for my sister-in-law, also her green tomatoes)
I think that's it.  I'd say I'm done but I have about 8 cups of chopped plums in my freezer and I'm thinking of making an Asian plum sauce.





1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...