Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April's Grocery Purchases



From April 15-30 I purchased the following food items.
  • 6 gallons milk
  • curry powder (used here)
  • chocolate syrup
  • peanut butter
  • 2 dozen eggs ($0.50 each!)
  • graham crackers
  • 2 cartons of ice cream
  • popsicles
  • carnation instant breakfast
  • powdered sugar
Total spent: $40.91

With a budget of only $25.00 for the half month, I didn't do too well.  It also looks like all I purchased was milk and treats.  In my defense, the powdered sugar and one of the ice creams were for a birthday dinner for my father-in-law, whom I love.  I really wanted him to have a nice birthday.

My second excuse is that the popsicles were for my son who was teething this last week.  You could say they were for medicinal purposes.

My last excuse is that I honestly didn't realize how much milk we go through.  I stopped buying 1% for myself, but that leaves 6 gallons of whole milk for my boys and my husband in two weeks!  I think I might have to adjust my budget to accommodate all the milk drinkers here.

If we drink 12 gallons per month that's about $29 for just milk.  And since I add instant breakfast to it for my kids (It adds protein and vitamins.  Yes, I know it adds sugar too.  No need to lecture.), that could be another $14.  That would be about $43 just for milk.  That leaves only $7 for other purchases.  I really want to try my SREII for a least a few months. So . . .

. . . my new budget for May will be $75.




3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how much milk we go through, here. It's at least 3 gallons a week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8-10 gallons of milk a week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I'm glad you feel my pain.

    Kate, at least you don't have to go to the store for all that! Oh, how I miss your fresh milk.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...