Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Kind Gift


I recently received a kind gift from my best friend, Fiona.  I have been postponing blogging about it because I didn't take a picture of it.

Needing to rotate some old food storage, Fiona decided to give it to me instead so I could blog about it.  I have rewarded her kindness with procrastination.  Sorry, Fi.

Here is what she gave me:

  • 1 can powdered eggs
  • 1 can butter powder
  • 1 can shortening
  • 1 can spaghetti
  • 2 cans instant potatoes
  • 1 can dehydrated carrots
  • 1 can dehydrated onions
I am most excited about the eggs and the onions because I know I will use those right away.  I plan on using the eggs to make a Swedish pancake mix for quick breakfasts.  I want to use the shortening to try and perfect a whole wheat tortilla.  The pasta and potatoes will go into some kind of dinners.  As for the carrots, do you think I could use them in a carrot cake?

1 comment:

  1. Might as well try the cake. Can't hurt anything, just a few old carrots.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...