Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Garden Greens


Several months ago I did something I have never done before.  I tried to grow food from a seed.  I started lettuce, tomatoes, beans and radishes.  Only the lettuce survived.  I transferred it to a window box container just before we moved.  And it has gone gangbusters!  We ate our lettuce for the first time last night.  Some of the ingredients were the result of my shopping in the past weeks, but some were not.  Here is what we had on the salad:

Sliced pork chop--old
Teriyaki sauce on the pork chop--new
Sliced carrot--new
Frozen peas, defrosted--old
Apples--new
Almonds--old
The dressing was a mix of oil, vinegar, honey and some of the teriyaki sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...