Sunday, June 26, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Crock Pot Chicken Mole


I saw this crock pot chicken mole a few weeks ago, but I thought I would have to wait for grocery shopping because I was short on ingredients.  FridayI decided to make it anyway and see what I could come up with.  My problems were the raisins, chili in adobo sauce and the chili powder.  I substituted dates, a can of green chilis and some additional spices.  Also, because I still haven't found all my spices from the move, I used whole coriander and cumin seeds.  I thought it was pretty tasty, but I would have liked to have some sour cream.

Here is what I threw in the crock pot (6 hours on low):

1 chopped onion
1/2 cup dehydrated dates, rehydrated and chopped
1 c. water from rehydrating the dates
1 T. chopped garlic
2 T. black sesame seeds
1 can chopped green chilis
1  27 oz. can of tomatoes, which I smashed a bit
3 T. sugar
1 t. cinnamon
3 t. cumin seed
1 t. red pepper flakes
1 t. oregano
2 t. garlic powder
1/2 t. coriander seed
1/8 t. nutmeg
3 T. cocoa powder
2 large chicken breasts

1 comment:

  1. Yum! If you make this again, let me know and I'll invite us over. ;) I love mole. I will have to try this!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...