Monday, June 27, 2011

It's Over and Thank You


My parents returned from China today.  And I went to Costco.  I am officially done with my little experiment. I didn't quite make it 12 weeks but then we did move in the middle of things.  I want to thank all (20) of you readers.  I enjoyed your comments and hope you enjoyed my zany attempt to eat what was in my cupboards.  I have learned a lot and will continue to incorporate a lot of food storage into our regular everyday eating.  Here are a few thoughts about what I have learned:

  1. Don't move in the middle of trying to live off your food storage.  I keep thinking that if there really were some kind of disaster that prevented me from going to the store and that same disaster drove me from my home that I would be in big trouble.
  2. My family is very tolerant of my cooking.
  3. If you have a baby, plan food storage for baby.
  4. I don't like tomato powder.
  5. Remembering to take pictures of my food is hard when you are hungry.  I also learned that I am not a very good photographer.

3 comments:

  1. It's been fun, if a little kooky ;). You definitely made me think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has been amazing, Kate. Thank you so much for keeping us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved following it Kate! You are AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...