Tuesday, June 7, 2011

What We Ate for Dinner: Pulled Venison Sandwiches


For the first time in about two months, I had to go to the store in order to make dinner.  Last night I made pulled venison sandwiches with an easy recipe I found here.

Since my roast was frozen I put it in the crock pot at about 8am.  I covered it in water since I hadn't been to the store to get any root beer.  Once home, I drained the water and replaced it with root beer.  At about 3:30, I shredded the meat.  Just so you know, venison is not easy to shred.  But I did it.  I put it back in until about 5pm.  Then I drained it again and put on the BBQ sauce.  I would have liked to have made the sauce from scratch, but I don't have all the ingredients I need.  Some day . . .

I also had to buy the rolls.  I served these with carrot sticks and a side of baked beans.  They tasted really good and a little root beer-y.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...