Thursday, May 3, 2012

Heidi's Zucchini Soup


This soup was so good that my three year old requested it for lunch!  I can barely get him to eat mac and cheese let alone anything with a vegetable.  I have to agree it was so delicious.  Thanks for the recipe, Heidi!

Here is how I made it:

1.  Bring 5 cups water, 1 T. chicken bullion, 1/2 onion diced and 4 zucchini chopped to a boil.  Reduce to medium heat and simmer until all the vegetables are tender.
2.  Blend soup until smooth.  I used an immersion blender, but a regular blender would do just fine.
3.  Add 3/4 c. potato pearls and blend until combined.  The original recipe called for real potatoes but since I didn't have any Heidi suggested I use instant.  They made the soup taste so creamy that I almost skipped the last step, but that would have been a shame.
4.  Add 8 ounces cream cheese and stir until melted.  Season with salt and pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...