Saturday, May 10, 2014

May 6-9: Trying to get back into the swing of things

May 6.  Tuesday was our first full day home.  Kimball had school, I worked and attempted to unpack.  

May 7.  Wednesday the kids used the door as a chalkboard, with Mom's permission, which she later regretted after Stan colored the entire wall blue.


Kimball used the baby's face for another art project.


Since we don't have enough light sabers in the house, Kimball used some pens and straws to make more.


May 8.  Thursday.  This little gal keeps me laughing.


If she wanders outside she will place herself on this swing and wait to be pushed.


Thursday evening my parents were set apart as missionaries.  We all were able to get together for the experience (with Ginny on Skype), minus a few spouses.  Afterward we had pizza and root beer floats.




May 9.  May Dad has been working very hard since he has been home from his mission.  If you following his BLOG you will know just how hard.  Even with everything he is doing he found time to do a small project for me.  He built me a box for our DVD player to sit on.  I had looked for one to purchase, but our TV stand is too big.  The one he made is perfect.  It is just the right height and holds both the DVD player and our XBox.  It even matches the dresser/credenza we use for our TV.  (Just ignore the big pile of junk in the corner of the picture).


I had to go searching to find a picture of what was there before.  We were using a small shelf on its side.  It did the trick but was sagging under the weight of the TV.  What my Dad made is SOOOOO much better.  I am so grateful for my Dad and the sacrifices he has made for me.  I am going to miss him and my mom, but I am thankful for the example they are setting for my kids.  Missions and temples are important.


I found this sweet worksheet in Kimball's bag from preschool.  It is so fun to see all that he has learned.


Friday after preschool I took the kids to the new Museum of Natural Curiosity at Thanksgiving Point.  We got a membership a little while ago and were able to go to the member preview before it opens to the public.  It's a fun museum with lots to do.  We can't wait to go again.






1 comment:

  1. Kimball is so clever with the light sabors out of straws. Now I know why Abby gave me such a big smile when I took her out to the swings when we were there. Looks like another fun week.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...