Saturday, May 17, 2014

May 10-16: Aunt Amber and Arya Come to Town.

This week was so very busy.  I managed to work 20 hours at two different jobs and still squeeze in a little fun.  Special thanks to an awesome husband who made it possible!

May 10.  On the day before Mother's Day my honey got me the mother of all presents: a fully detailed van complete with shampooed carpets!  This was so overdue given our recent road trip.  Of course, now I don't really want to let the kids anywhere near the car.  I'll be getting over that real soon.



May 11.  Happy Mother's Day!  I was asked to share the Relief Society lesson in my ward.  I invited my parents and my in-laws to come.  It was really fun to have them there.  I also asked my mom to share a few thoughts after I finished my part of the lesson.  It was so special to have her there and feel the sweet Spirit she brought with her as a missionary.


After Church we had our last family dinner with my parents before they leave for Mexico.  It was bittersweet.

Photo credit: Dad
May 12.  Monday, I had a work lunch in Provo.  Bryce stayed with the kids until I got back.  He worked on cutting back the evergreen bush (which I have determined is a juniper through a little googling).  



This thing is a beast.  It will take a few more days of work before it ceases to be ugly.  Bryce always wanted a bonsai.  There you go, honey, your very own giant bonsai!

For dinner we went to Grandma and Granpa Hansen's to celebrate Mother's Day.  We also celebrated Grandpa's birthday which we missed while they were on their trip to Israel.  For some reason I neglected to take pictures, but Bryce took this video on the drive out.



May 13.  School for Kimball, work for me.  Kimball only has a few more day until he is off for summer.  It's hard to believe that the school year is almost over.

This little girl likes to take over her brother's cereal after they have finished.  I have started to give her her own bowl.  She thinks she's so grown up.



May 14.  Aunt Amber and Arya flew in the day before.  Arya is just two weeks older than Abby and we wanted to have some pictures taken.  They turned out so cute!




After pictures we headed over to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point.  The kids had a great time together.  It was so fun to see Abby and Arya play together.






In the afternoon, our favorite sitter, London, came over to watch the kids while I worked.  She made some rock projects with the kids.  Seriously, she's the greatest.  Kimball made a dinosaur and Stan's is an elephant.



Aunt Amber, Arya and Grandpa and Grandma then brought takeout Chinese food for dinner.  It was a really fun evening and a very full day.

 May 15.  I had to forego the fun on Thursday to do more work, but the kids got to go the Discovery Gateway Children's Museum.









After the museum, we had take and bake pizza at our place.  We are so glad that Aunt Amber and Arya could visit this week.

When it was time to say goodbye, Abby didn't like to see Arya go, so she sat on her.


May 16.  Bryce and I were able to end the long week with a night out.  London watched the kids while we went to Divergent.  I really liked it.  And I really liked spending some time with my honey.  Here's to another big week!

1 comment:

  1. It was a pretty jam-packed week, but a good one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...