Sunday, February 19, 2012

Weekly Meal Think


I'm still trying to get organized enough to put together a meal plan.  But I got a Bountiful Basket this week so I already have a few things in mind.

  • Jerusalem Artichoke Soup
  • Summer Squash Bread (because summer squash is not my favorite and I still have some frozen from last summer so sticking it in a sugary bread sounds nice.)  Although this squash dressing sounds good too.
  • Stuffed pork chops with cream cheese and spinach--something like this only in pork.  Maybe rolled in bread crumbs and baked.  I'll wing it.  
  • Since my hubby doesn't like cukes, I am thinking Asian Refrigerator Pickles for myself to snack on.  Maybe it will help me put down the chocolate and peanut butter.  Probably not.
  • Zesty Taco Casserole.  I had some cottage cheese I needed to use up so I made this and froze it.  I think we'll probably eat it this week.  I am curious how it will turn out.
Well, there you have it.  My musings about food.  It's looking a little bit vegetarian over all but that never hurt anyone.  Anyone else have plans for meals this week?


5 comments:

  1. Wowsers!
    You actually plan out the meals for the week!
    Rather than attempt to be as awesome as this, I'll simply say "Kudos" and the meals sound great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I usually have some things in mind to make but that is only because I think about food a lot. Maybe it's better to say I fantasize about food. And planning a bit does make the week go smoother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed out on a basket this week but have leftovers! Beef and Broccoli Mon, Shrimp stir fry Tues., Soup at church Wends. (Ash Wends.), Mushroom chx over mash pot Thurs. Homemade Fish Sticks Fri. Then we wing it on the weekends! Im home all week, so lunches will use up leftovers! Two desserts to try this week, Carmalized bananas, and grilled pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gardener, all of that sounds super yummy. I've never made homemade fish sticks, are they easy? What kind of fish do you use?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...