Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Ever made your own chorizo?


I realize I am a bit nutty because I make so many things from scratch.  I may be a fanatic but the truth is I just love being in the kitchen.  Sometimes cooking meals doesn't satisfy my need to create.  I also like to find new ideas for cooking projects.  I checked this book out of the library this week: Simple Food, Big Flavor by Aaron Sanchez.  It's a cool book because Mr. Sanchez gives 15 recipes for ingredients like salsas, pastes, rubs that can be used to make meals.  It's an awesome format for a cookbook.

I think I'm up for one of the projects (maybe more).  I am considering making my own chorizo.  I have already tried to make this elk sausage and thought it was delicious.  Do you think it's wrong to put elk in chorizo? I'm going to guess that while not authentic, Mr. Sanchez would prefer I have a crack at his recipe in any form.

3 comments:

  1. Your wood planks need to be refinished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, you are amazing! Can I come to dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cyndy, you are always welcome at our house. Or I'll just come cook at yours!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...