Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Erupting Volcanos

I'm always amazed at the things that a toddler can get fixated on.  And the enthusiasm of his fixation.  Yesterday Little Man spent the morning pretending to erupt like a volcano.  It was pretty impressive.  To help feed his hungry little mind we made the proverbial science fair volcano.  Considering he is almost three and a half and I didn't get to do this until about 7th grade, I told myself that my little guy is advanced.

I'm not sure I actually need to give instructions for this, but here is what I used:
  1. pie plate
  2. empty spice jar
  3. homemade play dough
  4. baking soda 
  5. vinegar







I let him do it as many times as he wanted, which was about fifteen.  My favorite part was hearing him say, "That't amazing, hun?"  and "That's spec-tack-ler!"

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you made an actual (looking) volcano. I just made mine use a glass!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The play dough was just hanging around the kitchen. It was getting old anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. saw this on email. So much fun for Kimball.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...