Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 16-22: Fossil Hunting

May 16-21.  Life has been so busy that I haven't done a good job keeping up with blogging, as a result, if I didn't take a picture then I have no recollection of what I did that day.  I only found one picture on my camera for the week until we left on our trip.


Fortunately I am not the only one in the house that takes pictures.  Bryce captured this cute one of Stan with his new under the sea toy that I bought for the trip to Bear Lake this weekend.


Bryce also bought a bee suit.


May 22.  We set off for Bear Lake in the morning with the idea that we would stop somewhere near Kemmerer, WY and fossil hunt.  Not five minutes past Park City and Stan needs to use the non-existent facilities.  So we pulled over and Kimball found a decomposing deer.  He was so excited.



We made to to Kemmerer.  Unfortunately the weather had been rainy and the quarries were closed.  We did however make it to the Fossil Butte National Monument and found a place where they had some shale for the kids to try out.  We got rained on a bit but made it to Bear Lake safe and sound ready for a relaxing weekend.  Bryce went on a run and some some hawks.











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...