Saturday, April 19, 2014

April 12-18: Kate Starts a Job and Bryce Writes a Book

This week felt like a big week while I was going through it, but looking back it wasn't that big of a deal.  It was spring break so Kimball didn't have any preschool and I started my new job working for a firm from home.  Starting the new job was a bit emotional because I was excited and nervous and worried all at once.  I felt a bit chaotic because our Nanny, London, was out of town for her spring break.  But somehow I made it through.

April 12: Saturday started out with family pictures at the state capitol.  Thanks to my wonderful Dad I have a few shots to post.






Next we got to go to the new aquarium for the birthday of this little pirate:


James' little guy, Rigby, turned three.  We had a great time celebrating at the aquarium and will be able to bounce back again before the end of the summer.





April 13:  Today we went to my parents' mission farewell and the blessing of Charlotte's baby Tilda Beth.  It was a nice meeting.  Afterwards we had a cousin reunion at Courtney and John Brown's so everyone could say goodbye to my parents before they leave for their mission. It has been a long time since I have seen so many of my cousins and the boys had a great time playing.

Oh, and Abby loves shoes.



April 14:  Monday was a free day at the Natural History Museum at the U.  We decided to make the trek and were able to visit the chocolate exhibit which was a lot of fun.




After the museum we went to Grandma and Grandpa Hansen's for dinner and a special Family Home Evening about Easter.  




 We also slept over and Stan got to snuggle with Grandpa in the morning.


April 15:  This was the day I got the news I would be starting my new job, like immediately.  It was also Bryce's last day of his class on W. L. Gore.  He and his fellow students wrote a book for the class.  Pretty impressive if you ask me.  



Kimball was productive, just like his father, and started a new project writing each number from 1 to 100.  Each number got its own paper.  It took him a couple of days but he did it.


April 18:  I am pretty sure that Wednesday and Thursday were boring, but since I have no pictures I don't remember what we did.  I know I worked.  On Friday, we went to This Is The Place Heritage Park with Grandma and Grandpa Hansen.






It was a bit chilly, but nice to be out of the house.  Kimball adored the baby chicks.  I told him we could have chickens some day.  Now he doesn't want a dog anymore because, ya know, because the dog might kill the chicks.  But we can get a rooster so we can make more baby chicks.  I can't wait!

Bryce tried to convince Stan to put on his pull-up by demonstrating how it's done.  (He is such an awesome Dad, even if he wastes a pull-up in the name of silliness.)


I also let the kids take some pictures before bed, so I have some random pictures like those that follow.  These were the good ones.






1 comment:

  1. Wonderful blog! It brings back great memories :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...