Sunday, April 27, 2014

April 19-25: Happy Easter!

April 19.  Abby is the first one up at our house.  After waking up Mom or Dad she comes upstairs, toddles over to the pantry and demands some fruit pouches for breakfast.  One of her favorite morning activities is spinning in Mom's office chair.


After everyone else was up it was time for Saturday jobs.  Here I am helping Kimball clean the mirror while Abby tried to brush her teeth (her favorite!).


Saturday afternoon we headed over to John and Jill's for some Norman Easter activities.  All the grandkids painted their hands for a hand print apron for Papa.  


We dyed some Easter eggs.  (That's three times this year for my kids.  A record!)



Abby made friends with Coco.


And best of all there was an Easter Egg hunt.  Nana designed a darling scavenger hunt where each grandchild had to find certain eggs.  The kids loved it.



Last of all we had a wonderful BBQ with Papa's famous marinated steak.  


April 26.  Sunday was Easter.  Bryce and I both taught lessons in Church and Abby discovered the joys of a Cadbury cream egg. 


After Church we had a lovely dinner and another Easter egg hunt at Grandma and Grandpa Hansens.  Kimball had to find the orange and yellow eggs, Stan the blue and pink.  Not wanting them to have more candy I emptied my coin jar into the eggs and each boy made about $12.00.










April 21.  The kids and I took advantage of the nice weather and went to the park.



Then for Family Home Evening we brought one of Bryce's ideas to life and made a pulley system for the car.  Now we will be able to pass things back to the kids while traveling to Disneyland.  We leave in 8 days.


April 22.  I have a great neighbor that watches my kids while I work.  On Tuesday she sent me these pics of Abby jumping on their trampoline.



And I spilled fruit punch on clean dishes.  Awesome.


April 23.  I spent a good portion of Wednesday getting the kids prize buckets ready for the trip. My kids might be a little spoiled.


April 24.  Thursday we went to John and Jill's in the evening to borrow their cargo carrier (Thanks John and Jill!!).  Little by little we are getting ready for the drive.


April 25.  More shopping and work.  We also had the sister missionaries over for a pizza dinner.  Only 4 more days until we leave for California!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update. We love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you like it, but it's mostly for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These blogs are fantastic! Just love seeing the kids having fun and your clever ideas for all of it. Just wondering where you stored the buckets during the trip?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...