Thursday, July 12, 2012

Healthy Chocolate Chunk Zucchini Muffins



The other day a friend gave me some zucchini.  I thought about using it for meal or a side dish like in this, but I knew all the boys in my house would prefer chocolate.  I used the recipe here as a starting point and then made some substitutions to make them a bit more healthy.  These were so delicious that they didn't last long. Now I need to make a second batch.

Healthy Chocolate Zucchini Muffins/Bread

1 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/2 c. white flour
1/2 c. cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1 t. salt
1 1/2 c. sugar
3 eggs
1/2 c. oil
1/2 c. applesauce
2 t. vanilla
2 c. shredded zucchini
1 c. chocolate chunks

Mix dry ingredients together.  Mix wet ingredients together.  Combine the two mixes.  Bake at 350 in muffin tins or bread pans until an inserted tooth pick comes clean.


2 comments:

  1. These look scrumptious! I might have to steal your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got to eat some of these. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...