Thursday, July 19, 2012

Dinosaur Footprint Cookies

A little while ago I saw this blog post with dinosaur footprint cookies.  I knew this was the perfect activity for my dino obsessed three-year-old.  I didn't want to use the recipe on the site because it used and entire cup of butter.  Somehow I got it in my head that I needed cream cheese in the cookie dough.  I gave a shout out on FB looking for a good sugar cookie recipe with cream cheese.  My friend Ginger came through.  The recipe I used can be found here.

So we set about making the cookies and I let the boys stamp them with their dinosaurs (after we washed them, of course.)



You can tell Stan's work because his dinos had a tendency to stomp while Kimball's were a little more artistic.


I didn't take a picture of the final cookies because they spread out and you couldn't really see the footprints.  Kimball just pretended to be a paleontologist and used a discerning eye.  The other recipe might have produced a better footprints but these were DELICIOUS!  I ate most of them for breakfast the next day.  :)

4 comments:

  1. I will definitely have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kate, the kids loved it. Kimball kept asking do make more the following day. I don't think it mattered much that the cookies weren't pretty.

      Delete
  2. You are so creative! Your kids are lucky to have you as a Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!. We have a sour-cream cookie recipe that's been in the family for about 3 decades. Too bad I didn't know and I could have given it to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...