Saturday, November 2, 2013

Slow Cooker Coconut Chicken Curry: Review

Would it surprise you to know that I didn't take a picture?  Oh, well.  Life is busy and I am mostly happy that I managed to make dinner and blog about it.  How about another moving picture instead?

 

What I put in my crock pot:

1-2 lbs chicken, cubed (I would lean towards more meat, just sayin')
1 whole onion, diced
1 t. garlic, diced
1/4 c. dehydrated bell pepper (use 1 whole green pepper diced)
1 6 oz. can of tomato paste
1 15 oz. can coconut milk
1 1/2 t. salt
1 T. curry powder
1 T. garam masala (I made my own with this recipe)

I cooked it on high for about 5 hours.  It smelled wonderful.  I served it over white calrose rice.

What I thought:

This one has by far been one of the best slow cooker recipes I have made.  I loved it.  The flavors were wonderful and my 5 year old had seconds.

In addition, this one would work really well as a freezer meal.  I will not hesitate to make this one again.  And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...