Thursday, October 31, 2013

Slow Cooker Pizza Soup: Review

This is the second meal that I said I was going to make this week.  This one isn't really new for us because I am pretty sure I have made it before, but I haven't posted it.

I didn't take a picture of this one either.  I almost took a picture of a bowl of leftovers I had for lunch today but Kimball was playing Angry Birds Star Wars on my phone so I couldn't take a picture.  Plus the table was a mess and I didn't want to clean it before stuffing my face.

So how about this for a picture?


Lol.  He totally makes me laugh.

Anyway, here is what I put in my crock pot:

2 c. homemade spaghetti sauce from the freezer
6 c. water
1 small onion, diced
1/4 c. dehydrated bell peppers (use 1 whole bell pepper diced)
1 small package of cherry tomatoes, quartered (use 1 can diced tomatoes drained)
1 c. pepperoni, sliced and quartered
3/4 lb. mild Italian sausage, sliced and browned
1/4 wagon wheel pasta, added in the last half hour

I served it with a generous helping of mozzarella cheese and garlic pull-apart bread.

You could also add mushrooms to this or even black olives.  Mmmmm.

What I thought:

This on is a winner all around.  Everyone ate it.  The cheese is a must and makes it taste just like pizza.  It probably won't satisfy a real pizza craving because it's soup after all, but it's close.

I also think this would be a pretty easy freezer meal.  You would have to brown the sausage before freezing, but that's not too much trouble.  I would also leave out the water and add it to the crock pot when ready to cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...