Monday, November 4, 2013

Halloween Candy Fail

My very small children collected their weight in candy last Thursday.  Determined to get some it out of the house I decided to make cookies with chopped up candy in place of the chocolate chips and then give them away to neighbors.



First, I selected the candy I was most likely to eat myself: milky ways, crunch bars and m&ms.  Then I mixed up my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe and threw the candy in at the end.  I have made this recipe more times than I can count.  I barely need to look at the recipe to know the amounts of the ingredients.  You would think that this would be fool poof.


However, the cookies melted quickly and came out thin.


I don't know if the candy changed things or I just messed up.  Bryce claims I needed more flour.  Those pictured look ok, but the more I made the worse they got.  Now I am stuck with ugly, flat sugary things with too many calories.  I can't give them away; they are just too embarrassing. 


I finally gave up and froze the rest of the dough in balls.  I can now make more ugly, flat cookies with too many calories on another day.  Oh, goodie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...