Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Easy Caramel Popcorn


I have fond memories of making caramel popcorn on a Sunday afternoon when I was a kid.  I remember that it took a long time to cook the caramel and that it had to get to a soft ball stage.  I liked dripping some into a bowl of cold water to see if it formed a ball.  I didn't like how long it too.

Well, this last Sunday my childhood memories got the best of me and I was craving caramel popcorn.  Of course no one can find the recipe we used as kids so I found this one that seemed simple enough.  And wow!  Super simple, super fast, and super delicious.  No more lumps of caramel in a water bowl.  But I think I can get over that.

Caramel Popcorn

1 cup of unpopped popcorn, popped in a air popper
2 sticks butter
2 cups brown sugar
1/4 cup dark Karo syrup

We put all the popcorn in a large stock pot so we could cover it all at once.  Melt the butter on medium.  Add sugar and Karo.  Turn up the heat slightly and bring to a boil.  Boil one minute.  Stir into popcorn.

It's that easy.  The hard part is no eating it for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. Why not eat it for breakfast? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! Just thought I'd say HELLO!!! Hope things are going great with your pregnancy and that you are feeling ok! ~Alison <3

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...