Saturday, November 10, 2012

Ginger Snaps for a Cold Wintery Day


It's been snowing where I live.  A lot.  We live near the mouths of both Little Cottonwood and Big Cottonwood Canyons.  It seems like the snow has barely taken a breather since yesterday morning.  I bet there is at least a foot and a half out there.


We did try to measure it, but it said that it was only a foot.  None of us believed it.


The snow caused me to cancel some plans that I was really looking forward to.  As compensation I made these ginger snaps with my two favorite cooks.  They are a really big help.  Sort of.


We ate them warm out of the oven.  Such a treat with so much snow outside.


Ginger Snaps

3/4 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1/4 c. molasses
1 egg
1 T. ground ginger
2 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. salt
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 c. white flour
more sugar for rolling

Cream the shortening and sugar together.  Add the molasses and egg and mix a little more.  Next mix in all the spices.  Add the flours last and mix until combined well.

Make balls of dough and roll in sugar.  I used my cookie scoop.  Place on ungreased cookie sheet and smoosh with fork.  Bake 10 minutes at 325.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...