Wednesday, February 25, 2009

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

When Kimball started on solids there was one universal theme in the responses: "Oh good, now he'll sleep through the night."  "I loved it when ___ started; I got so much more sleep."  "They sleep so much better on solids."  

When Kimball started on solids he was already sleeping through the night.  I couldn't really imagine an improvement.  I also had no idea that we could regress.  A few weeks ago he started waking up once a night.  Last night after going down at 7:30, he woke up at 10:30, 12:30, 3:30 and then 6:30.  I felt like he was two months old again.  Will taking him off solids fix that?

2 comments:

  1. Oh it makes me sleepy just reading this! It's more likely that he's getting ready for a new tooth. Emma would get on a really good schedule that would last a month or so and then it would change completely for no apparent reason...hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I ought to be a baby-pro, I have no answer other than to "hang in there." He'll probably sleep through the night by the time he's three (just kidding.)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...