Thursday, June 14, 2012

6 Minute Microwave Caramels: Super Easy!


My internet travels recently led me to a recipe for caramels that you can make in 6 minutes in the microwave--no candy thermometer needed.  (You can retrace my steps by going here and here.)

I whipped these puppies up today and they were WAY TOO EASY.  These could easily be the fastest way to satisfy a candy craving ever.  I almost put melted chocolate on top, but I refrained.

All you need to do is mix the following in a microwave safe bowl.  I suggest one with a handle so you don't burn yourself when you have to pull them out.

5 T. butter
1/2 c. corn syrup
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar (or 1/2 c. white sugar + 1/2 T. molasses)
6 T. sweetened condensed milk.

Microwave for 6 minutes, stirring every two.  Pour into a greased 8x8 pan and cool in the fridge.

Eat.  Hord.  Let your kids poke them with a spoon (Don't ask).   I suppose you could cut them up and wrap them in wax paper, but that seems like a lot of effort to me.

3 comments:

  1. Kate, this is Fi. (I'm too lazy to sign out of Bret's account.)
    I'm totally trying these.
    Also, I just scrolled through Self Reliance Experiment again.
    Totally amazed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to have to try this recipe! Sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...